Sunday, August 26, 2012

Closet Encounters Of The Painted Kind

We clooooosed! We clooooooosed! It took almost 3 hours at the attorney office and the HUD-1 changed so I had to find $6 in cash and spare change in my purse but WE CLOOOOOOOSED!

I must admit that the work and time involved to purchase the home has left me stalled with a plan on renovating and moving in. Because of the delays, I put a mental block on the plan to move in because a small part of me feared it wouldn't happen. So now, I'm almost fearful to start because even though it's in dire need of renovation, it's an empty house full of potential! I see it as a fresh new start and don't want to junk it up!

My main goal now is lining up the to-do-list priorities. I think I'll be starting on the closets. Preparing and organizing the internal spaces give me a happy area to put away the things I do bring into the house at first. The budget is $40 for all closets. That is for paint and additional hardware since we will be reusing as much wood and wire shelving as possible. So for inspiration, here are some amazing closet ideas for storage and color in a normal budget range:


source


source




I love the idea of the towel racks on the inside of this linen closet. My closets are usually so disorganized and jammed full I can't CLOSE the door but this idea might inspire me to keep things pretty:



Shelf Track Pantry

source

Painting these bifold closet doors in chalk paint is genius. A nice place to keep the running grocery list! Although I'm not sure I want a huge spanse of black in my kitchen, I love the creative ideas to alter the plain bifold doors:

source

Have you considered painting the inside of your closet spaces? Comment here or link to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment