Friday, August 17, 2012

UP to DATE

WE HAVE A CLOSING DATE!!! AUGUST 24TH!!!

I am still in a state of shock but you guys it's in writing... we will be closing at noon on August 24th. In preparation for the big event, I've been spinning around in the glamorous world of floor coverings. While I am still debating between carpet and laminate upstairs, the staircase itself is an area I'd like to have a little bit of fun with even though the budget is slim.

These are images from some amazing staircase remodels and unique flooring options from blogs I have been following. I've found so much inspiration, I can't wait to get started! (remind me that I said that once my hands are dirty and my knees are sore!):

The Creative Junkie's Complete Remodeling Process: This is an amazing step by step guide to how to approach this daunting task.

refinished_stairs16_final

Remodelaholic is one of my favorite blogs and she has so many brilliant ideas. This staircase remodel is one that I am hoping to achieve myself:



Unfortunately, the hope of hardwood risers hiding underneath my carpet is long gone. I already know that my staircase is entirely made up of plywood and carpet staple remnants, so I will have to be installing new treads. But, if Rhoda at Southern Hospitality can turn this into a beauty then I have hope! (Plus, she lives in nearby Atlanta so if I find myself in a pickle I will know where to turn for help!)



Finally, ours is a house of fun. And while I want a home that is clean and clutter free, we also need a little whimsy in the mix. I think one of these little critters and a tiny mouse hole would be so cute rising from an elegant ebony stair tread...
creepy mice silhouettes

Anna at Take the Side Street repainted her steps to create the sunniest happiest staircase ever!


I'm torn. Stain? Paint? They all look beautiful! Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment