Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wells FarStop

The house hunting portion of this experience was emotional and tiring but it was also interesting and exciting. Our second real estate agent has been a dream. I'd never have gotten to this point without her knowledge and suggestions.

Unfortunately "this point" isn't a great one. We are on day 89 of trying to secure financing for our new home. The first 40 days were happily spent thinking that our mortgage broker was truthful and on top of things. I had a big learning curve ahead of me. We were lied to directly, we were mislead with inferences. We changed lenders on day 40... 5 days before the contract was to end. Luckily our little venture is a HUD home and they were gracious in granting us a 15 day extension.

We were assigned to Wells Fargo by a more reputable mortgage broker. Elated to have found someone who knew her stuff and could work under a tight timeline, we were once again excited! National bank should have their stuff together! (or at least understand the process of writing a mortgage process). W.R.O.N.G.... with a capital OMGWRONG.

I could write for days about all the instances of them being mistaken, negligent, and outright lying as well. I could share with you the instance where my children and I had to go to their offices in person to get someone to pay attention enough to even START our file since 2 weeks of phone calls and emails had gotten absolutely no response. I could share with you and write and write. But I have wallowed in so much negativity during this process that I can't do it any longer. We are at day 89. I am told that today someone in underwriting will look at my file. Tomorrow we either have to have the closing package sent to HUD or put in a request for a 4th extension which I don't in my heart believe they will grant.

The purpose of this initial post is to say "I've been there" to others who are having mortgage issues. It's also to serve as a remebering point once this house is indeed ours and we are happily making memories there. But for today, it's out of my hands. I wait for God's sign and hope that the last 89 days haven't been repeated signs that this isn't for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment